The U.S. C3E Awards recognize outstanding mid-career women making an impact in clean energy. Awards are a component of the U.S. implementation plan
for the international C3E Initiative.
What is the deadline for award nomination submissions?
Nominations for the 2015 U.S. C3E Awards will be accepted from April 15, 2015 until June 1, 2015.
Who may submit nominations?
Nominations may be submitted by employers, universities, professional societies, membership organizations, associations, community groups, individuals, or other sponsors. You may not nominate yourself for an award.
What are the criteria for nominees?
Nominees should have a record of significant accomplishment, leadership qualities and other relevant attributes, and be a person in good standing in their field, with colleagues, and in their community. In addition, nominees will:
- Be mid-career, typically with 10-15 years of professional experience in clean energy.
- Use their talents to advance clean, renewable sources of energy, related technologies, or clean energy policy.
- Have made a compelling impact in their fields – working within a company, team, university, government agency, non-government organization, professional community, or as an individual.
- Have accomplishments sufficient to merit national recognition.
- Be emerging leaders with a demonstrated, strong commitment to advancing clean energy in their areas of work/expertise/experience.
- Be inclusive leaders who have helped to develop future leaders in their professions, avocations, or communities.
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Alternatively, if an individual is identified as having executive-level experience in clean energy, please send her contact information to Nominations@C3Eawards.org for inclusion on a future C3E Ambassadors candidates list. If it is not clear whether someone is mid-career or executive level, please submit a nomination and the Ambassadors will make the determination.
What information does a Nominator need to submit?
Nominators will need to obtain the following information from a Nominee:
- Contact information for the Nominee.
- Contact information for 2 References (in addition to you).
- Years of experience working in clean energy.
To submit a nomination, Nominators will also need to:
- Certify that the Nominee has agreed to be nominated and can be contacted.
- Certify that the Nominee is a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Select one of eight award categories.
- To describe the Nominee’s accomplishments (300 words or less), leadership qualities (300 words or less), and provide additional background information (300 words or less).
What information will a Nominee need to submit?
After a nomination is submitted, Nominees will be emailed and asked to submit the following by June 8, 2015:
- 200 words (or less) describing how the $8,000 gift might be used to advance women in clean energy. For example, a Nominee may invest in her own work (if applicable), support a nonprofit focused on gender and/or energy issues, contribute ideas for building the C3E network, or start something new. Nominees will be asked to indicate if there is a chance the funds cannot be accepted; for instance, due to company policy.
- A current one-page resume in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Longer submissions will not be accepted.
- A list of colleges and degrees (if applicable), as well as home city and state.
Click here for nomination guidance and an example template (PDF).
For additional questions, check out our FAQ.