What was the deadline for award nomination submissions?
The U.S. C3E Awards recognize outstanding mid-career women making an impact in clean energy. Awards are a component of the U.S. implementation plan
for the international C3E Initiative.
The deadline has passed. Nominations for the 2016 U.S. C3E Awards were accepted from November 5, 2015 to January 15, 2016.
Who may submit nominations?
Nominations may be submitted by employers, universities, professional societies, membership organizations, associations, community groups, individuals, or other sponsors. Nominators should know the accomplishments and capabilities of nominees firsthand. Re-nominating a previous nominee with an updated nomination is encouraged. Self-nomination is not allowed. Nominators of the award winners are invited to the annual C3E Symposium.
What are the criteria for nominees?
Nominees should have a record of significant accomplishment, leadership qualities and other relevant attributes, mentorship of women and girls, and be in good standing in their field, with colleagues, and in their community. In addition, nominees will:
- Be mid-career, typically with 10-15 years of professional experience in clean energy.
- Use their talents to advance clean, renewable sources of energy, related technologies, or clean energy policy.
- Have made a compelling impact in their fields – working within a company, team, university, government agency, non-government organization, professional community, or as an individual.
- Have accomplishments sufficient to merit national recognition.
- Be emerging leaders with a demonstrated, strong commitment to advancing clean energy in their areas of work/expertise/experience.
- Be inclusive leaders who have helped to mentor and develop future leaders in their professions, avocations, or communities.
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Alternatively, if an individual is identified as having executive-level experience in clean energy, please send her contact information to Nominations@C3Eawards.org for inclusion on a future C3E Ambassadors candidates list. If it is not clear whether someone is mid-career or executive level, please submit a nomination and the Ambassadors will make the determination.
What information does a Nominator need to submit?
Nominators will need to obtain the following information from a Nominee:
- Contact information for the Nominee.
- Contact information for 2 References (in addition to you) who can verify the information provided and have agreed to be contacted, if needed.
- Years of experience working in clean energy.
To submit a nomination, Nominators will also need to:
- Certify that the Nominee has agreed to be nominated and can be contacted.
- Certify that the Nominee is a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Certify that they know the Nominee’s accomplishments and capabilities firsthand.
- Select one of eight award categories.
- Describe the Nominee’s accomplishments (300 words or less), leadership qualities (300 words or less), and provide additional background information (300 words or less). Tailor the nomination to the category selected and answer the questions in the nomination guidance template. Nominees will only be considered in the category selected.
What information will a Nominee need to submit?
After a nomination is submitted, Nominees will be emailed and asked to submit the following by January 22, 2016:
- 200 words (or less) describing how the $8,000 gift might be used to advance women in clean energy. For example, a Nominee may invest in her own work (if applicable), support a nonprofit focused on gender and/or energy issues, contribute ideas for building the C3E network, or start something new. Nominees will be asked to indicate if there is a chance the funds cannot be accepted; for instance, due to company policy.
- A current one-page resume (including years for education and employment) in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Longer submissions will not be accepted.
- A list of colleges and degrees (if applicable), as well as home city and state.
For additional questions, check out our FAQ.